6 Billion Organisms per capsule
- Maintains and restores the flora in the large and small intestine
- Widely recommended for the management of gut health.
- High strength one a day product
- This product is made in the UK to pharmaceutical GMP standards.
Lamberts® Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Boulardii provides a full 6 billion organisms per capsule. This probiotic yeast has been shown to maintain and restore the flora in the large and small intestine, and it is now widely recommended by practitioners, especially for the management of gut health.
Lamberts® Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Boulardii is a high strength one a day product that is suitable for vegetarians. These small, easy to swallow, capsules are manufactured in the UK to pharmaceutical standards and since our product is room temperature stable, there is no need to store it in refrigerated conditions.
Saccharomyces Boulardii is a non-pathogenic, probiotic yeast. Studies have shown these potential benefits:
- Protect the intestinal epithelial cells
- Support intestinal barrier function.
- Increase sIgA secretion
- Directly inhibit colonization of harmful bacteria
- Prevent traveller’s diarrhoea as it has the ability to bind onto E. coli and Salmonella
- Reduce leaky gut
- Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea
- Clostridium difficile infection
- Acute diarrhoea
- Persistent diarrhoea
- Enteral nutrition-related diarrhoea
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Parasitic infections
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, and Gluten containing ingredients.
Do not take is pregnant or breastfeeding.
To be stored in a cool dry place protected from sunlight.
A clear hard shell capsule containing beige beadlets.
Each capsule delivers:
(a S.Cerevisiae strain)
|Providing 6 billion organisms|
Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose).
Less than 30 minutes.
Suitable for vegetarians.
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
- For diarrhoea in people taking antibiotics: 250-500 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii taken 2-4 times daily for up to 2 weeks is most commonly used. In most cases, daily doses do not exceed 1000 mg daily.
- For diarrhoea caused by Clostridium difficile: For preventing recurrence, 500 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii twice daily for 4 weeks along with antibiotic treatment has been used.
- For diarrhoea caused by Helicobacter pylori: 500-1000 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii daily for 1-4 weeks is most commonly used.
- For diarrhoea associated with HIV: 3 grams of Saccharomyces boulardii daily.
- For traveller’s diarrhoea: 250-1000 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii daily for 1 month.
- For diarrhoea in people taking antibiotics: 250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii once or twice daily for the duration of antibiotics has been used.
- For general diarrhoea: For treating acute diarrhoea, 250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii once or twice daily for 5 days has been used. For treating persistent diarrhoea, 1750 billion to 175 trillion colony-forming units of Saccharomyces boulardii twice daily for 5 days has been used. For preventing diarrhoea in people receiving tube feedings, 500 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii four times daily has been used.
- For rotaviral diarrhoea: 200-250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii twice daily for 5 days has been used.
A study confirms that probiotics “are rational adjunctive options for the treatment of various viral diseases.” No information about the duration of a course is available. As it is safe to be taken daily, you SHOULD be able to take it as long as prophylaxis is necessary.